Society consists of a wide diversity of communities and individuals. Inequalities, prejudice and racism abound. The recognition and opposition of the impact of oppression and discrimination are fundamental to maintaining a safe and harmonious workplace. We believe it is the duty of all managers and employees to accept personal responsibility for the practical application of the equal opportunities policy.
It is our vision that Kaymac Marine & Civil Engineering Ltd should be a company where all people thrive; physically, mentally, socially, spiritually and economically. We will do everything within our powers and resources to make this happen. We will do this with due regard to our General duties and Specific duties detailed under the Equality Act 2010.
The General Duty requires us to: Eliminate discrimination, Promote and Advance Equality of Opportunity and Foster Good Relations between people from different groups.
Therefore, as a responsible Equal Opportunities Employer, Kaymac Marine and Civil Engineering Ltd will:
- Take active steps to ensure that all employees are treated equally and fairly in terms of recruitment, training, promotion and career progression;
- Ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of colour, race, age, nationality, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or marital status, sexual orientation or religion;
- Ensure our approach to diversity takes account of differences such as culture, language, educational background, functional expertise and family circumstances.
The performance of Kaymac Marine and Civil Engineering Ltd is dependent upon valuing, improving and developing the skills and abilities of all employees and our Equal Opportunities Policy, above all else, aims to achieve this objective. We will ensure:
Entry into the company and progression is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit;
- Recruitment and other employment decisions and procedures are monitored and reviewed and, where necessary, amended to ensure compliance with our overall policy objectives;
- Where there is under-representation of particular groups, the circumstances will be investigated and, where appropriate, practical measures to remedy the situation will be taken;
- We actively support and implement the principle of equal opportunities in employment and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, creed, nationality or any other un-justifiable basis.
In order to make explicit our commitment to equal opportunities and to provide a clear Framework and goal for our efforts, the Company subscribes to the following Statement of intent:
We strive to preserve and strengthen the basic character and identity of our organisation by:
- Acknowledging and valuing difference and diversity;
- Ensuring that the identification and impact of oppression and discrimination with regard to race, gender, culture, religion, disability and sexuality will be integral to our work;
- Giving all persons an equal opportunity to contribute to and benefit from our work;
- Defining open and clear processes for democratic decision-making and promoting mutual respect;
- Being proactive in constructively challenging any remarks or actions that may be offensive to others;
- Taking active measures to prevent anyone group from exercising dominance through outlook, values, language, etc.;
- Continually adapting our policies and practices to reflect contemporary trends.