Want to Join our Multi-Award Winning Team?
Welcome to the Careers page! We are a leading company in the industry, dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative engineering solutions for marine and civil projects. If you’re passionate about engineering, problem-solving, and making a positive impact on the world, we invite you to explore the exciting career opportunities available with us.
Why Work With us?
- Challenging Projects: As a specialist Marine and Civil Engineering Contractor, we tackle complex and diverse projects that push the boundaries of engineering. From designing and constructing ports, harbors, and offshore structures to coastal protection and land reclamation, our work spans a wide range of disciplines.
- Innovation and Technology: We embrace the latest advancements in engineering technology and methodologies. Join our team to work with cutting-edge tools and software that enable us to optimise designs, improve efficiency, and deliver sustainable solutions.
- Professional Development: We believe in investing in our employees’ growth and development. We provide opportunities for continuous learning, training, and professional certifications to help you enhance your skills and expertise in marine and civil engineering.
- Collaborative Environment: Our team consists of talented professionals from various engineering disciplines. We foster a collaborative and inclusive work culture where everyone’s ideas are valued, and teamwork is encouraged. Join us to work with like-minded individuals in a supportive and engaging environment.
- Impactful Projects: Our work contributes to the development and improvement of vital infrastructure around the world. From coastal protection that safeguards communities from natural disasters to port facilities that support international trade, your contributions will have a tangible and positive impact on society.
As a multi-disciplined engineering contractor, our range of contracted services, professional skills and industries served is incredibly varied and diverse meaning that we employ a broad range of full-time operational team players including:
- HSE approved divers
- ADC qualified dive supervisors
- Civil Engineers
- Civil Engineering Graduates
- Chartered Engineers
- Confined space specialists
- Skilled civil craftsmen
- Mechanical Engineers
- Commercial Diving Apprentices
- Civils Apprentices
- Training Coordinators
- Marketing Coordinators
- Technical Bid Writers
We are always keen to meet committed enthusiastic people who thrive on providing turnkey solutions for our clients in a diverse workforce. If you think you could be the next valued member of our team, please get in touch.
Commercial Diving Apprenticeship Scheme
We believe Kaymac is the only company in the UK to run a fully funded commercial diving apprenticeship scheme with a guaranteed job on completion. Kaymac has worked with local schools and colleges running the scheme for over 20 years, recruiting students for work experience each year and employing one apprentice every 2 years. This has proved a great success
, since it’s commencement, Kaymac has seen 10 successful apprentices through the scheme, with only 2 leaving to work offshore and the remaining 8 still with us today.
Kaymac’s commercial diving apprenticeship scheme started in 1998 with our first ever apprentice, Alan Byrne. Alan started as an apprentice fitter with Kaymac in April 1998, aged just 17. 22 years on and Alan is now married with two children and is still working for Kaymac today as our Dive Superintendent. Here are Alan’s thoughts on the diving qualifications scheme:
“It’s worked for me; 22 years on and I’m still happily working all over the UK as a dive superintendent for Kaymac. Not one day is the same being a diver. My career development has been vast with support from Kaymac, gaining hands-on experience from the beginning with the diving qualifications and throughout my career. If I hadn’t started the mechanical engineering and commercial diving apprenticeship scheme with Kaymac at the age of 17, I don’t know what I would be doing now.”
Kaymac works with local schools and colleges, taking on students for work experience each year. From this, we employ one apprentice every 2 years. The successful apprentice usually applies for the apprenticeship immediately after finishing school at the age of 16. Since the start of the scheme in 1998, Kaymac has had 11 successful apprentices, with only 2 leaving to work offshore and the remaining 9 still working here today.
“It’s a big step and one that requires total commitment, but the returns are substantial and marine/subsea work can offer an exciting and rewarding career”Gareth Crees, Managing Director
The scheme involves the following:
- 3 years’ Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship with hands-on training in maintenance of diving and civil engineering mechanical equipment
- Day release to college
- A 12-week commercial diving qualifications course in South Africa
- 4th year of apprenticeship with a dive team on-site for as a ‘baby diver’ to gain experience
On completion of the 4-year apprenticeship, the individual is then fully skilled tradesman Commercial Diver with 1 years’ experience. Kaymac provide full support, supervision and training for the apprentice in all areas of the diving qualifications.
Requirements for the scheme
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s of C grade and above to include Maths and English Language
- An interest in engineering
- A can-do attitude
Benefits of the Apprenticeship scheme
On completion of the commercial diving qualifications and mechanical engineering apprenticeship the individual is a skilled tradesman, skilled engineer, and is the appropriate person to undertake work tasks for a client underwater as a fitter and mechanical engineer working on their assets or project.
Earn while you learn
Apprenticeships enable you to start working and earn a wage while you learn key skills, gain the qualifications that employers want, and will be an advantage to you in your future in engineering. As your skills progress, your pay will too.
Whilst on your apprenticeship, you’ll be treated like a regular employee of Kaymac in that you’ll get a certain amount of paid holiday per year in addition to bank holidays.
Few diving contractors directly employ their divers. Usually, divers are self-employed and work for contractors as and when required. Kaymac is different; we directly employ all our divers and civil engineers on PAYE. Kaymac believes that continued permanent employment of its workforce encourages loyalty and provides confidence in the services we provide for clients who see reliable, familiar Kaymac faces.
At Kaymac, one of our core values is that we invest in our people, providing funding for everything from transport and training to dive suits for diving qualifications and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Some of the training we provide as standard is:
- H.S.E Commercial Diver Training
- Health and Safety
- Forward tipping Dumper
- Excavator Training
- Appointed Person (lifting operations)
- Confined Space
- Street works Excavation Reinstatement training
- PTS (Personal Track Safety)
- CSCS (Construction
- Construction Site Supervisor Safety Certificate
- Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate
- Environmental Awareness
- CITB Site safety plus