Mumbles Pier is a Victorian structure stretching 225 meters out into Mumbles Bay. The Pier is used as a popular fishing point or to enjoy the finest views of Mumbles Bay, The Lighthouse and Port Talbot. The Pier also carries a fully functioning lifeboat station which has just been newly constructed.
Kaymac have been involved in the continuing maintenance of the Pier for a number of years offering a wide range of services including the following:
- Removal, disposal and replacement of localised sections of the main timber decking
- Repair/replacement and maintenance of steel members
- Replacement of diagonal tie bars
- Annual Structural Inspections and surveys
- Installation of alternate Kittiwake nesting stations to allow the new RNLI Station to be constructed
- Removal, refurbishment and replacement of steel piles and associated connectors.
Kaymac continue to have a successful working relationship with Ameco and hope to be involved in the exciting and extensive Pier refurbishment which is due to take place over the next few years.