Soil Nailing & Embankment Stabilisation
Soil Nailing provides a cost effective and efficient solution to many slope stability and earth retention problems. Employed extensively on highway/motorway widening schemes, the system is also frequently used by developers to create more usable sloping sites. Adaptable to difficult access sites and quick to install, Soil Nailing is a technique that works by reinforcing and strengthening existing ground. Each Soil Nail consists of a reinforcing bar that is generally made of steel (with full corrosion protection for permanent works) or alternatively can compromise reinforcement in the form of GRP or carbon fibre bars.
Kaymac Marine & Civil Engineering can offer a complete design and construction service using rotary and rotary percussive drilling methods to install both hollow and solid bar Soil Nails. A variety of plant is available, from excavator mounted drill rigs to bespoke tracked equipment, in order to deal with the challenges of difficult site conditions, poor access and programme targets.
- Using top down construction methods, with each subsequent row of nails providing both temporary and permanent support, the need for costly temporary works is avoided, for example, elimination of the need for expensive stone backfill or other materials imported to site.
- Soil Nailing through existing concrete or masonry structures such as failing retaining walls and bridge abutments to provide long term stability without demolition and rebuild costs. Embankments and revetments can be stabilised without rebuilding, saving costs and maintaining usage when important to avoid disruption to services, for example, on existing road or railway embankments.
- Trees, vegetation or architectural features can often remain unaffected by soil nails, as the drill pattern can be adopted to pass around or between obstacles.
- Temporary support can be provided to excavations without the need for bulky and intrusive temporary works solutions.
In association with pile nailing, Kaymac can also offer the following services;
- Anchoring for sheet piles or other embedded retaining wall systems
- Tie backs for general applications
- Mini Piling
- Slope Stabilisation
- Cementitious grouting
- Pressure pointing
- Ground Anchoring
- Retaining Structures
- Rock Bolting
- Soil Nail Walls
- Erosion Control
- Gabion Walls
For more information please click to contact us.